Dec 26, 2010

Good ol' times





You know, today can never be the heyday of the yesterdays. It breaks your heart everytime but there's naught you can do. And we all carry memories that doesn't build anything but reminiscent. Everything is a could have been, may have been and in the end it's all forgotten to be remembered.

I spent the whole Christmas with relatives and close friends talking about how things were 10 years ago. It's the period of a worry free life with no money no nothing but fun. I am glorifying the past of course. Funny how the past always seemed better compared than the now I'm going through. Guess it's all been downhill the moment I was brought into Earth.



I want to be able to go back to that certain summer and fix all mistakes I made. But that's just plain fucking stupid. My mistakes are mine and noone else so I'll just accept what happened and carry on to the unknown future. Surely, 10 years from now on I'll look back and yearn for what I'm doing now. Surely I hope not.

On an unrelated note, I'm having cold sores at the moment and it feels disgusting. My lips feel like there's a thousand tiny worms crawling all over it, digging deeper and deeper into my lips making way towards my brain. If I stop updating this blog or write crazy crap in the future, it means they've succeeded in taking over my brains and I've become a zombie for the worms overlord.


That's how my lips look like right now, hope they get better soon. What a sore Christmas!

26 comments:

  1. It seems to be the mark of humanity, the ability to look back and regret.
    Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your post while listening to the song.. makes its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. things seem to lose their "magic" as you get older... hope the lips heal up

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, just forget about it; regret is a time waster and mood killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. havent heard this song ina while. feels good though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that song alone brought up so many memories for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what's the second pic but it makes my back itch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get better quickly, they can be irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good song, good post, so good blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post man :) lovely blog

    visit my place: www.yourchilltime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool blog. now following
    http://dumbhomosapiens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd never heard them before. Not bad. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is experience! Cherish every good moment and learn from the bad ones :). Cold sores are horrible...when I get one it looks like I have a turd on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where is the street pic from? I like the gradients of blue a lot, that and the trees in the street.And everybody has that summer they wish they could fix, but nobody ever pulls it off.Best answer is keep on moving forward, looking back will just make you moody and overly introspective and cause you to download too much Smashing Pumpkins or start a Kurt Cobain shrine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mouth is one of the quickest parts of the body to heal, and yet if anything happens to it, it feels like it takes forever to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unablogger: I took it in Melbourne earlier this year and yea I agree on the Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana part. Actually today is John Mayer so it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's kinda synchronous: I assume you refer to Melbourne, Australia. I live in(for 6 more days,anyhow) Melbourne, Florida. Then I'm moving to Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very true we tend to yearn for the past during the present. I remember being miserable in highschool, but feel it would be easier and nicer than right now. Of course, that's only using the knowledge I have now. If I was in the state of mind I had in high school, I'd think this is stupid and be utterly lazy with all school related projects still.

    Just need to press on forward, and try not to dwell on too much about the past...

    ReplyDelete