Jan 6, 2011

communication

My family actually is rather computer savvy but it's my fault that I neglect the communication part. During the year it's hectic and I rarely if not never contact them. I don't miss them. I know they do miss me. It's wrong when they ask me if I ever think of them or not and I'd always say "What do you think? Do you even need to ask that question?".

I don't like lying. I hate lying. Even when I know lying makes someone happier. So I skirted the question with rhetorical and half truth. I only do this to my relatives and close family members. I lie freely to anybody else and of course I also lie with agreeable specimens of the opposite genders too.

I don't know why though. I'm always frank and blunt with my family and hurt them in the end. To others, I can be the most agreeable fellow on the planet. I take it for granted that my family will always be there for me so I don't need to keep them satisfied with honeyed words and smooth acts. Unlike what I do to my friends.

Am I wrong? Am I?

Side notes: the last post is about what I went through when I lost somebody close. There's no one to greet me home anymore, no one to remind me of the little things, no one to be there anymore. Also, "Blue jasmine" is a perfume's name.


If you can guess correctly what type of paint/soluble substance I used above, I will answer your question.

29 comments:

  1. Communication is very important, although I don't use it much either

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what the substance is but I enjoyed your post. I can sort of relate to it :)
    following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't communicate very much with my close family either, and it makes me feel bad that I know they want to communicate with me, but I just can't bring myself to bother to call them. Makes me feel pretty terrible, but I can't change for some reason. Anyways, good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not close with family either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. same deal with me. it's very cliche to say but it's true when they say it's the ones you love that you end up hurting the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it happens.....what can you do :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't keep in touch with most of my family, but that's on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. watercolor / glue + glitter ?

    I guess it should be that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like something from a fish with glitter. I hope you still enjoy life, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Marduk. But good luck with the family issues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When it comes to parents the communication bit is quite a pain sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to become better with my family because I can be really anti-social sometimes lol. It looks like water colors with glitter

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel you.. sometimes I feel the same way in my family..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't know what it's made of, but I like it

    ReplyDelete
  15. No it doesn't make you wrong. I still live with my family and I generally have a love/hate communication with them.

    Sometimes I want to talk to them, but they usually aren't interested or I get interrupted and forgotten.

    When I don't want to listen is when they just want to bitch about things or at me.

    I could be taking things out of proportion though, as I know more people will groan of the one bad thing in a situation over the many good things that may have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  16. honesty is good... but it can hurt... i'm the same way as you. i never miss my family and i am rather frank with them. i guess sometimes white lies are necessary when you're trying to spare feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am generally on good terms with family, but I do not talk to them much. I don't really have many common interests with them...

    Red ink and glitter glue?

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is pretty cool you can paint that with nail polish. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't miss anyone really. I don't really care. I consider myself to be a sociopath for this and other reasons. :/

    ReplyDelete